Competitive Start Fund (CSF)
The purpose of the Competitive Start Fund is to accelerate the growth of start-up companies that have the capacity to succeed in global markets. The fund is designed to enable those companies to reach key technical and commercial milestones.
Applicants to the fund should ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be able to clearly demonstrate that product or service has reached MVP stage, and that the product is, at a minimum, live in beta.
- That the product or service has demonstrable customer validation with (trial and/or paying) customers.
- A fully articulated proposition addressing a clear gap in the market with market research conducted with customers / potential customers.
- Evidence of innovation, export potential and employment capacity. Clear market opportunity for the proposed product or service. Clear knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Clear execution plan outlined, identifying suitable channels to international markets.
Assessments are undertaken on the applications submitted, it is important to note that the greater the progress the applicant has undertaken towards generating sustainable revenues the stronger the application. Applications from projects that are at idea, concept or design stage may be considered to require further development before applying for the competitive start fund.
Download Start-up Showcase Directory
All applications to the Competitive Start Fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland online application system during call open dates.
There is currently no open call for applications to the Competitive Start Fund. If you are interested in being notified by email when the next call for applications will be launching, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key contact/more information
For more information on the Competitive Start Fund, please contact:
+353 1 727 2202 (9am - 5pm)
If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland and want to learn more about qualifying and applying for Enterprise Ireland’s High Potential Start-Up supports, go to our Start a Business Section