Competitive Start Fund (CSF)
The purpose of the Competitive Start Fund is to accelerate the growth of start-up companies that have the capacity to succeed in global markets. The fund is designed to enable those companies to reach key technical and commercial milestones.
Applicants to the fund should ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be able to clearly demonstrate that product or service has reached Minimal Viable Product (MVP) stage, and that the product is, at a minimum, live in beta.
- That the product or service has demonstrable customer validation ideally with (trial and/or paying) customers.
- A fully articulated proposition addressing a clear gap in the market with market research conducted with customers/potential customers.
- Evidence of innovation, export potential and employment capacity. Clear export market opportunity for the proposed product or service. Clear knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Clear execution plan outlined, identifying suitable channels to international markets.
Assessments are undertaken on the applications submitted, it is important to note that the greater the progress the applicant has undertaken towards generating sustainable revenues the stronger the application. Applications from projects that are at idea, concept or design stage may be considered to require further development before applying for the competitive start fund.
Download Start-up Showcase Directory
All applications to the Competitive Start Fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland online application system during call open dates.
For more information on the next call for applications, please visit the Competitive Start Fund ‘All Sectors’ page.
Application Support - Online Support Days
Application Support Days will be held online by Business Innovation Centre's nationwide:
- Cork BIC – Monday 30th March, 2020 11am-13:30, Online information session. Cilck here for more information and to register.
- Dublin BIC - Tuesday 7th April, 2020 at Space@Dublin BIC, Bride St, Dublin - register here for Dublin.
- West BIC - Monday 23rd March 2020 - Complete - Contact West Bic directly for information from workshop.
- South East BIC - Tuesday 24th March 2020 - Complete - Contact South East BIC directly for information form workshop.
Contact your Local BIC for more information on these events or to register to attend.
Key contact/more information
For more information on the Competitive Start Fund, please contact:
+353 1 727 2202 (9am - 5pm)
If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland and want to learn more about qualifying and applying for Enterprise Ireland’s High Potential Start-Up supports, go to our Start a Business Section