A GreenPlus project is a medium-scale training project facilitated/supported by an external environmental expert.
The aim of the project shall be to develop a high level of environmental management capabilities, drive environmental efficiencies and achieve improved sustainability by establishing and embedding continuous improvement systems and behaviours. This will increase the agility and resilience of client companies to climate change impacts.
In order to support the change process within the company, the grant can also be used to cover part of the salary cost for up to 3 Green project champions over the project duration. The goal of the project champions is to develop and implement environmental best practice within the company by learning themselves and subsequently training others in environmental improvement tools and techniques. The champions will be responsible for driving continuous environmental improvement and efficiency.
Projects may vary in size and scope but will typically be 6 months in duration.
Am I eligible?
GreenPlus is open to SME’s and large companies that are Enterprise Ireland clients.
If you are interested in becoming an Enterprise Ireland client company, please click here.
HPSU clients in receipt of EI Investment funding are not eligible for a period of 3 years after the investment.
Discuss with your Development Adviser to check whether it is open to your company.
What costs are eligible and what is the maximum funding available?
Eligible costs include;
- External Training or Advisory Services provided by a suitable Service provider. Supported daily rates for Training or Advisory Services are capped at €900 per day inclusive of travel and subsistence and all out-of-pocket expenses. Note that actual costs to the company are based on market rates and may be higher.
- Salary cost of up to 3 company ‘Green project champions’, up to 50% of the total project cost, subject to a maxmium of 100 days each at a maximum supported rate of €200 per day.
- Training course fees may be approved for specialised external courses for the Green Project Champion(s).
Ineligible costs include;
- General Consultancy including Market research, IT implementation, Financial review and planning, HR consulting or Health and Safety training.
- Capital equipment, materials or travel and subsistence costs.
Enterprise Ireland will provide grant funding for 50% of the eligible project costs up to a maximum of €100,000 (€50,000 grant).
What are the call close dates?
There are no call close dates. The process is not competitive and is approved by Enterprise Ireland management.
How do I apply?
All applications for funding should be discussed with your Enterprise Ireland Adviser prior to submission.
You can apply via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System
The online application forms provide a step-by-step guide on how to complete each tab.
Prior to applying you must do the following:
- Contact your assigned Enterprise Ireland Adviser to discuss your application.
- First time applicants will be required to register on the Online Application System.
If the company has already initiated a GreenPlus project before submitting an application to Enterprise Ireland, the application and associated expenditure will not be accepted.
Where can I find a suitable consultant/trainer?
A directory of service providers interested in undertaking assignments under the Green Offer is maintained by Enterprise Ireland. The directory holds a profile provided by each service provider on their expertise and experience with environmental projects. A company must select a service provider from this directory. Service providers can apply for consideration to be added to the directory. Inclusion in the directory will be based on their experience and expertise.
Please ensure you carefully read the Guidelines to use the Directory (.docx) prior to selecting from the list of service providers.
Enterprise Ireland does not give any warranty, either express or implied, as to the qualifications or suitability of any of the persons on the list of service providers and Enterprise Ireland will not be liable for any loss and/or damage caused by a company’s decision to retain the services of such a service provider.
If you have completed a GreenPlus project, details on the Claims process are available here
Key contact/more information
For more information, please contact your Enterprise Ireland Adviser.
If you are not a client, please contact your nearest Enterprise Ireland Regional Office.
For general enquiries about the Green Business Offer, please email: email@example.com